Spring has officially sprung and summer is just around the corner, which means some big changes in my beauty routine! This month, have a few newbies and a few tried and tested favourites to share and most of them are products that will help you easily transition to a fresh, lightweight and flawless face just in time for the hot, hot summer heat!
1. Shea Terra Organics Maracuja Beauty Milk – $26.00 USD (2oz) – I’m ob-freaking-sessed with this stuff! If you’ve ever tried the amazing (but incredibly pricey) Josie Maran Argan Milk, this is similar in texture and formulation, but in my opinion is 10x better in every way, shape and form. First of all, this is formula is 99.7% Natural and 80% organic and made up of two all-star ingredients, Fresh Aloe Vera Juice and Cold-Pressed Maracuja Oil, both known for their amazing hydrating and repairing properties. Only one or two pumps of this liquid gold will keep skin hydrated and plump up any fine lines and dehydration to make skin look youthful and glowing all day or all night. It absorbs quickly and makes a perfect lightweight base for applying makeup. Also, you’ll want to eat it because it smells so amazing. I’ll have a full review up soon!
2. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream in Warm Glow – $39.00 USD (1.7oz) – I received this as a sample in my Petit Vour subscription box a few months ago and just recently started using it daily. Now I’m wondering why I waited so long! This a 12-in-1 product (yes, 12) that promises many skin perfecting properties but some of the benefits I like most are: protecting with SPF 30, perfect sheer coverage and it’s packed full of antioxidants! It applies super smoothly and gives you a flawless look in seconds, without having to use multiple products like foundation, concealer, highlighter and the like. Warm Glow is a lovely medium-tan colour that actually blends nicely with my light-medium skin, but I think when I purchase the full size I will be opting for Desert Glow, which is a shade lighter!
3. Stila Convertible Colour in Camellia – $33.00 CAD (0.15oz) – I’ve had Stila Convertible Colours kicking around my makeup stash for years, but only recently did I add a few more shades to my collection. On my recent trip to Florida, I stopped by Ulta (of course) and picked up a 3 pack of mini Convertible Colours that included Peony, Camellia and Tulip (which I don’t think is available on its own) and fell in love with all three beautiful shades. Actually, the one I thought I wouldn’t like and would never use, Camellia, turned out to be my absolute favourite and has been on my cheeks almost everyday this May! It’s a peachy-brown shade that gives my light-medium skin a perfect “back from the beach” glow and looks incredibly natural. If you like a neutral blush for everyday, this is definitely one to look into!
4. Paula’s Choice Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster – $45.00 USD (0.67oz) – For years I’ve always looked for Hyaluronic Acid in my skin care products because it’s a proven hydrator and can hold 1000x its weight in water! Not only that, I’ve been a fan of Paula’s Choice products for years as well so when I saw that they came out with this pure Hyaluronic Booster Serum, I had to have it! This lightweight liquid gives a huge punch of hydration to skin without being greasy or feeling like you have anything on – which is essential for sweaty summer weather! I cocktail this together with my Marcuja Milk for the most biggest boost of hydration I can get.
5. Skinn Lip 6x Balm – $29.50 CAD (0.4oz) – I have a problem with buying and falling in love with things that I can’t easily get. This is one of them. I purchased this from The Shopping Channel when I re-ordered a few of my favourite cleansers from Skinn and I haven’t been able to find it since! Good thing this comes in a fairly large container for a lip balm so it will last me a good amount of time (maybe it will be back by then?). This balm is packed with lots of butters and oils to provide super long lasting hydration to the lips as well as Skinn’s patented lip plumping technology. I’m not sure I can attest to the plumping benefits of this balm but man does it keep my lips moist!
6. NUDESTIX Concealer Pencil in Light 3 – $28.00 CAD (0.05oz) – I feel like Nudestix has blown up in the beauty market lately and that’s for good reason! In my arsenal of Nudestix products, one that I use absolutely everyday is their Concealer Pencil. I accidentally purchased a shade that was a tinge too warm for my skin tone but it turned out to work amazingly at hiding my dark undereye circles! A couple quick swipes of this pencil in the morning and I look rested and good to go for the rest of the day! Quick, easy and portable – the best combination for summer!
7. Julep Length Matters Mascara – $24.00 USD (0.34oz) – Julep makes some pretty amazing makeup products and one of my favourites lately has been their Lengthening mascara! Not only does this mascara give pretty outstanding length, it also builds major volume, defines each lash with no clumping and provides pretty dramatic lift and curl. Honestly, I’m a mascara snob (Too Faced Better Than Sex being my favourite) and I didn’t expect to like this formulation much, but I’m so glad I got it as an add-on a couple months ago because it’s been my go-to since running out of my Too Faced one. I even ordered another one in my next Julep Maven box for only $11.00!
8. NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray – $8.00 USD (2oz) – You don’t need to spend an arm and leg for a setting spray that works all day! Since it’s been warming up here lately in the Okanagan (and I mean warm it’s already been 29º!), I’ve been in desperate need of a setting spray to keep my makeup from completely melting off. This matte setting spray by NYX has been my go-to everyday this month to ensure my makeup stays put all day and at only $8.00 a bottle, I’m not afraid of running out!
What are your May Beauty Favourites? I’d love to know!