Finally, an empties post! It took me this long to get one (I usually just throw things out and forget) but at least I did it! So, what did I use up these past few summer months?
ROC Extra Comfort Cleansing Water
- I always use a makeup remover before washing my face at night. I really want to make sure that I get all the makeup, pollution and dirt & oil off my face before I go to sleep. I picked up this ROC Cleansing water on a whim a few months back (instead of Bioderma) because you get way more product for less money. I have to say I quite like it but not for removing eye makeup, I need something stronger to do that!
- Would I repurchase? Already did!
Marc Anthony Salon Expert Shampoo & Conditioner
- Marc Anthony was nice enough to send me these to sample and I have to say, I love them! These are the only shampoo and conditioner I’ve ever used that actually make my hair feel like I just came from the salon! They smell fresh and clean and are Sulphate Free so they won’t fade your hair colour. They are moisturizing without weighing hair down and clean like nobodies business without stripping hair.
- Would I repurchase? Yes!!! But I already have other Marc Anthony products to try first!
Lush Almond & Coconut Smoothie
- I did a post on this wonderfully creamy wash a few weeks back (see it here) and how I really only use it for shaving. Well, it was summer time and I did a lot of shaving so I definitely used this one up quick! It’s a bit pricy but I have very sensitive skin when it comes to shaving and need something to really buffer the razor so I don’t get intense rashes. This does that and moisturizes! I don’t like the smell of it (doesn’t smell like almonds or coconut?) but it’s not unpleasant enough not to use everyday!
- Would I repurchase? Yes, already did!
B. Kamins Matte Moisturizer SPF 15
- I picked this up at Winners at the beginning of summer as I’m always looking for a great everyday sunscreen! I really liked it, the texture is light, it isn’t too matte and it hydrates well. It was a staple in my summer skin care routine and I love using Canadian brands!
- Would I repurchase? Probably not. I like higher SPF than 15 for everyday and at $56.00, it’s just too pricy right now.
Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition Cuticle Oil
- My cuticles are constantly ragged no matter how much creams, oils or crazy concoctions I slather on them. This stuff really did make a difference though and I like the smell. The light weight oil sinks in fast and doesn’t leave your hands feeling greasy. I also really like the brush applicator, you can apply it right after your paint your nails without scratching or wrecking the polish.
- Would I repurchase? Yes, but I think it’s discontinued as I haven’t seen it again. I have Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser + Balm now and I’m really liking it too!
Julep Nail Therapy
- I didn’t think I would use this when I first got it in my Intro maven box, but I started using it as a base coat and haven’t stopped using it! This really does make a difference in my nails and I notice they are more brittle and break easier if I stop using it. It also makes a great adhesive base coat for polish.
- Would I repurchase? YES! Thankfully, I already have a backup from another Mystery Maven box.