I haven’t done a favourites posts in quite a while and since I had some definite favourites this month, I decided I should share them! These are a few of my most reached for, most used and best performing products of the month. It was hard to pick favourites but these were the stand outs. Let’s get to it!
(Clockwise from left)
Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defence SPF 50
- This sunscreen is amazing! It’s a tinted liquid chemical-free sunblock that provides so many benefits! Not only does it give high sun protection, it also evens skin tone, moisturizes and provides a great base for makeup. I don’t know what I did before this sunscreen, it makes me want to wear it everyday just because it feels and looks so luxurious.
Dalton Cosmetics Blushing Bride Soft Matte Blush
- I’ve always wanted to find a blush that gave me a believable glow. You know, that embarrassed or excited flush your cheeks naturally get. This blush does it! I think it would suit a large variety of skin tones as well and because it’s matte, it provides a truly believable flush.
MAC “Launch Away!” Blush
- I can’t believe the amazing colour this blush gives. In the pan it looks light the lightest shade of peachy-pink but when applied to cheeks it seems to transform into a beautiful peachy flush. I reach for this blush more than any other, I wish it wasn’t Limited Edition!
ELF Matte Lip Colour in Coral
- This is the perfect pop of coral to add to your lips. Not too bright but still pretty and noticeable. It has good staying power, great chubby-pencil application and did I mention it’s only $3? I always get compliments when I wear this colour on my lips and it pairs perfectly with MAC Launch Away blush!
YBF Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- A while back, Hautelook had a sale on YBF and I decided to give it a try. Having seen it many times on The Shopping Channel, it was curious, especially for a universal brow pencil, how could that be? Well, it certainly works for my brows but I think it might be too dark for light blondes. It relies on the amount of pressure you use to create a deeper or lighter colour and the tiny pencil end makes it look like real brow hairs. I also love that it has a spooly brush on the other end for grooming.
Cover FX Setting Powder in Light
- I didn’t think I would like one setting powder over another. I quite like my ELF HD powder and thought it was the best around – until I tried out this one! It gives a gorgeous luminous finish and really does set makeup well. I find my makeup stays on longer when I use this powder and it never looks cakey or matte.
Dalton Lash Fix Tilting Mascara
- I’m in love. Seriously, in love. I thought nothing compared to the fullness and volume I got from my Cover Girl LashBlast but this is even better! I love that it has a regular brush (as opposed to a silicone bristle brush) which gives better separation in my opinion. It gives intense volume and length with no clumps, no flaking and no need for a second coat! It also has this cute little tilting wand to make it easier to “push up” your lashes and get a great curl. I already have a backup of this one!
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Concealer in Yellow + Light
- I only use the yellow, liquid end of this concealer. It’s great for covering redness without leaving a yellow cast and really cuts down the redness. It’s also got great coverage and a natural finish. I have a backup of this waiting too!
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Mini)
- I have an issue with overly oily lids so I’m always trying new primers. I didn’t end up wearing any shadow this month as it was too hot and it just melted off no matter what I did. This did help the most of all my primers though and is great in the less hot months.
Joe Fresh Sheer Tint in Bisque
- This is the perfect consistency for summer! It isn’t as heavy as a typical foundation but also isn’t light like a tinted moisturizer. It’s hydrating, evens out skin and provides a really natural finish. It’s a really big tube for only $8 and I will definitely repurchase!
Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
- I know you’ve probably seen this hyped up on almost every beauty blog but it’s because it is worth the hype! I don’t know how my lips survived without this stuff. It smells like oranges and comes in a luxurious glass pot. I think it will last a long time as you get a lot of product. I will definitely repurchase, I use it pretty much 100 times a day.
Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris
- I’ve seen this negatively reviewed on some other blogs but it’s honestly the only eyeliner that stays on my lids all day. The texture is something to get used to as its super creamy but once it sets, it sets! I wish it came in more colours and for only around $3.00, I’m never going to be without it!