Good Morning ladies! You may recognize this picture from my Twitter photo (and my blog photo). I created this look yesterday for Alicia from Funny Faced Beauty’s Celebrity Makeup Contest! You all should definitely go and enter, there are great prizes and I had so much fun creating a look for it!! I actually rarely do makeup looks on myself so this was a really fun way to go outside my comfort zone and create a new look and have some fun! 🙂
For this look I chose my inspiration as Katy Perry from the 2009 Grammy Awards! I thought she looked gorgeous and feminine and wanted to recreate that on myself – here is the photo I used.
I knew that I would need flawless skin, a pale pink lip and loads of eyelashes for this look! What I chose to do is use ALL drugstore makeup to recreate it! I wanted to prove that you could look just as great (lol – okay, I tried!) with inexpensive products available to everyone! 🙂
So, onto what I used to create this look!
– Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup in Creamy Beige
– Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Medium
– Neutrogena Eye Perfector in Fair
– IT Cosmetics Contour & Highlight Powders (Only HE item used!)
– Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush in Blossom
– Hard Candy Blush Crush in Honeymoon
– NYX Shadows – Various from Smokey Eye Palette and Champagne & Caviar Palette
– Cover Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black
– E.L.F. False Lashes
– Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black
– BonneBell Eyeliner (for brows) in Midnight Bark
– Wet & Wild Matte Long Wear Lipstick in 901B
– Joe Fresh Lip Gloss in Light Pink
I’m pretty sure that I included everything I used!! Oh, nails N.Y.C. Polish in Wall Street! I hope you guys like it, it’s the first Face Of The Day I have ever done and the first “Celebrity” inspired face I’ve ever done as well! I had a lot of fun creating it though!!
Don’t forget to go and enter Alicia’s Contest! http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com !