I’m obsessed with skin care. I’m even more obsessed with natural, fair-trade and Canadian made skin care. That’s why I’m thrilled to share with you one of my new favourite brands, Fable Naturals. Fable Naturals is s small skin care company based in Vancouver, BC that’s focus is on healthy and fair-trade ingredients that give your skin everything it needs and nothing it doesn’t. They have pure and simple formulas and sustainable packaging which makes for a great combination of both eco-friendly and skin-friendly. Let’s look into a few things I was lucky enough to receive for a review, and then get to the giveaway!
Don’t we all just need a little Peace in our lives? Whether it be your busy job, hectic family schedule or non-stop school papers, we all need to take a little time to just breathe… and relax! I’m actually quite the morning person and not much of a night owl, I like to take my “me-time” from 6:30am-8:30am when I make a coffee, have some breakfast and get a positive start to my day by doing something I enjoy. I also like to dedicate some time to nightly relaxation after a long day at around 9:30pm when I turn on my salt crystal lamp and my Saje Diffuser, apply any body lotions or self tanners, turn on a good tv show and start my (sometimes epic) skin care “ritual”.
Blissoma Peace Evening Calming Créme – $25.99 USD (1oz) – This is usually the final step in my nightly routine. Why not top off my day with a wonderfully Lavender and Chamomile scented calming créme to not only ease my angry skin, but also my mind. After being out all day exposed to the elements, with sunscreens and makeup on and all the pollution and free-radicals outside and in, my skin can look dull, congested and irritated. One way I help combat this is to wash my face every night with a gentle oil-based cleanser to make sure it’s incredibly clean (my favourite right now is Vichy Micellar Beauty Oil), apply a serum targeted toward whatever my biggest skin concern is that day and top it all off with a generous layer of Peace Calming Créme. Woo-saaaahhh.
So, here’s what makes this créme (and brand) so incredible:
- There are 22 Active Ingredients in just this bottle alone
- It’s for ALL skin types and ages (including Acne Prone)
- It’s 100% Natural
- It has a botanical recipe that includes minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and lots of anti-inflammatory ingredients
Not including all the extracts and essential oils, this formulation includes key ingredients for angry skin like Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Dandelion, Plantain and Dulce Seaweed. After applying this intensive cocktail of natural and organic ingredients, my skin instantly looks and feels better. I find it to be very calming, soothing and hydrating without being too thick, heavy or greasy, which is great for people like me prone to a few breakouts here and there. Another reason I love massaging this into my skin is the heavenly scent! The natural Lavender and Chamomile essential oils quickly ease my mind and help prepare me for a restful sleep. Talk about a multitasking product!
There are so many reasons to love summer! I’m sure you can think of many, from the beaches to the BBQ’s or bikinis to boating, but there’s one major reason I like summer so much and it’s not anything you would guess! See, I’m one of those lucky people who suffers with dry lips roughly (pun intended) 3/4 of the year. When I say dry, I’m not talking “better put on a little lip balm” dry, no, no. I’m talking peeling, cracking and splitting kind of dry! Luckily, in the summer months this almost completely goes away and I’m free again to wear lipstick. Yep, you guessed it, one of my favourite parts of summer is being able to wear lipstick. #weird
So obviously today I’m going to share with you one of my favourite lip formulations (since I can use them now) that not only gives my lips vibrant colour, but also great moisture! This is Gressa Skin Lip Boost in Aux Rouge, a lightweight but extremely pigmented lip product with the feel of a balm and shine of a gloss.
Lip Boost is also a completely natural formulation consisting of Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Co-Enzyme Q10 to nourish and hydrate while giving an ultra vivid, high-glam crimson finish to the lips. My secret when it comes to this product though, is I also use it as a long lasting cheek stain to give my self a coordinated, monochromatic look. I actually sometimes use this just on my cheeks alone to get a “fresh-from-the-outdoors” glow!
Gressa Skin Lip Boost comes in 6 amazing shades, this one Aux Rouge (Crimson Red), Bare (Pink Nude), Brilliant (Beige Nude with Shimmer), Lavish (Plum), Radiant (Vibrant Pink) and Regal (Brownish Plum). So far, I own two of these and I have to tell you, I want them all! They are such a great multipurpose product (even though that’s not their aim) with fantastic ingredients and vibrant colours – a definite recommendation for all you lip lovers out there!
Want to Win it?
Gressa Skin Lip Boost Giveaway
Disclosure: This prize was sent from Gressa Skin, but I originally purchased my own Lip Boost!
Well, it’s that time of year again, my birthday month, and the only reason I’m even mentioning that I’m turning *cringe* 27 on June 13th is so I can share with you all what’s currently on my beauty wish list (and maybe someone will buy one of these things for me, which will make this all worth it!). I swear after you hit 25, birthdays are no longer exciting times, they are cringe-worthy times that you don’t even want to mention let alone celebrate! I’m definitely going to have a rough time turning 30. Anyway, here’s a few things I’ve been lusting over lately and hopefully whatever the equivalent of Santa or the Easter Bunny is for birthdays will bring them to me (I’m guessing that’s moms)!
1. May Lindstrom The Honey Mud – $80.00 USD (3.38oz) – I’m sure you can tell why this one is on my “wish” list. With it’s über high price point, it’s almost completely out of the question for me to purchase myself, but I can’t stop thinking about it! This is described as a “cleansing silk” and is a mixture of pure raw honey, white clay and decadent oils to cleanse, hydrate and nourish your skin all in one step. This can also be used as a mask and I have to stop talking about it now because I want it so bad. Just go look at the website, you’ll understand.
2. Besame Boudoir Long Hair Finishing Powder Brush – $62.00 CAD – How could you not want this brush? It looks softer than all my cats combined and I love the idea of brushing my whole face at once. I’d probably just sit there in the morning for 5-10 minutes brushing my face before I went to work and end up with no makeup left but hey, if it makes me more relaxed it’s worth it right?
3. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette – $53.00 CAD (12 x 0.053oz) – I honestly don’t wear a heck of a lot of eyeshadow on a daily basis, especially in the summer months, but I like having basic mattes in my collection to pull looks together or to add some contour to my eyes. I love the shades in Tarte’s Tartelette Palette, which range from Cream to Mulberry to Black, and the eye looks you could create are endless. I also think the amount of product you get in this palette definitely makes it worth the price, just think of what you pay for one MAC shadow ($16 USD), which are the same size as each of these ones, and times it by 12. (Don’t worry I did the math for you, it would cost you $192 USD). THE SAVINGS PEOPLE!
4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream in Warm Glow – $39.00 USD (1.7oz) – You might have seen this mentioned in my May Favourites post and be wondering why it’s on my wish list if I’ve already got it. Well, I’m almost out. And it’s expensive. And awesome.
5. PRTTY Peaushun in Dark – $39.00 USD (8oz) – I’ve seen this mentioned a lot around the blogosphere lately and it’s also featured in Petit Vour’s Limited Edition Spring Beauty Box so it’s got me intrigued. I trust pretty much anything Petit Vour says since I’ve loved nearly all the products I’ve received from them and anything that’s claiming to make my skin tighter and firmer is okay by me! Plus, it’s cruelty-free, all natural and will make me look tanned. Yep, want it!
6. One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil – $52.00 CAD (4oz) – I love cleansing oils, they are the only thing I will use at the end of the day to take off all my makeup, including my mascara! Lately I’ve been loving my Vichy Purete Thermale Cleansing Oil but after spotting this while browsing Eco Diva Beauty, I simply must try it. A cleansing oil with the ability to exfoliate using enzymes? Am I in heaven? I bet this smells great too, and oh yeah, again, it’s all natural!
7. Stila Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Rosewater – $34.00 CAD (0.21oz) – I feel like this one is pretty self-explanatory. It’s a beautiful blush in the shade of soft rose, in a water based formulation and crushed pearl pigments. Gorgeous & glowy just in time for summer!
8. One Love Organics Vitamin E Eye Balm – $61.00 CAD (0.65oz) – Well now that I’m going to be 27 I think it’s essential that I have a good eye cream, or balm in this case. I am prone to really dry patches around my eyes so I need something intense at night to lock in moisture and really nourish my eye area to keep fine lines at bay. This is a waterless balm packed full of vitamins, butters, oils and good things like ginseng to awaken and licorice to fade dark spots, a must have now that I’m starting to see the damage I did tanning as a teen!
9. May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon – $160.00 USD (50ml) – Yep, you read that right, $160 for this blue beauty, no wonder it’s on my “wish” list! This is truly a dream product that is packed with soothing and calming oils and butters. It’s made to not only calm your skin but calm your mind with it’s mixture of tried and true aromatherapy oils like Lavender and Geranium. It melts into a liquid when it comes in contact with skin and is made to soothe even the angriest complexions. Need? No, but I definitely want it!
Ready for another NUDESTIX post? Sure you are, it’s been over a week since the last one so you’re probably jonesing for another by now! Today, we are exploring one of the most recent items in NUDESTIX‘ new Skin Care line, The Clean-Up Pencil. Now if you’re at all like me and wind up with mascara all over your upper and lower eyelids every. single. freaking. DAY. this is a product you’re going to want to know about and get your hands on ASAP.
NUDESTIX Clean-Up Pencil – $28.00 CAD (0.10oz) – I have this strange habit of sneezing literally every time I finish applying mascara. You can only imagine what this does to my still-wet, freshly applied black eyelash paint… it ends up all over my face. I’ve learned that if I want to wear eyeshadow I have to do my mascara first (I know, it’s not right and sounds crazy) but it never fails that I end up having to wipe everything off my lids after applying mascara. The struggle is real people, major first-world problems over here.
When I first received this little pencil, I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with it. Yeah, I mess up my makeup from time to time but I’ve gotten pretty used to having wet Q-Tips around for quick clean up – why would I need a special $28 pencil for this? Well, turns out this stick is pretty darn useful and I’ve been converted, again, NUDESTIX has that effect on me.
So, here’s why you need it. It does something that q-tips (even dipped in makeup remover) just can’t do – it gives you super precise removal with no drips, no wetness and it even removes the most long-wearing makeup products instantly. To demonstrate this, I applied the three shades of NUDESTIX Magnetic Eye Colour that I own, Moon, Gilt and Immortal, to my hand and let them dry. Once these eye colours are dry, they aren’t going anywhere, they even stand up to my super greasy eyelids for most of the day! If I were to wipe these with a Kleenex they wouldn’t budge. I drew a line with my Clean-Up pencil through the centre of these three shades and then wiped my whole hand with a Kleenex, as you can see only the parts I touched with the Clean-Up pencil were removed and everything else stayed put!
I love that this pencil isn’t wet or tacky. I’m sure many of you have tried to remove small bits of makeup with a Q-Tip and makeup remover, only to have half your makeup slide down your face because of the liquid consistency on skin. The NUDESTIX Clean-Up Pencil makes it so you can only remove what you want quickly and easily. I’ve found myself reaching for this most days to remove my stupid mascara smudges with just a swipe of this pencil and a light wipe of a q-tip. It also doesn’t leave behind any residue so you’re makeup won’t smudge after using it either! Win-win.